Avocado Spinach Dip!

Lovely Saturday afternoon and what better way to spend it than to make something new and delicious. I'm currently in this spinach phase where a 3 pound bag of spinach can be finished in 1 week. Gotta love that green stuff! Since I only had a little left of the 3lb bag (certainly not enough to be used as a side dish to a meal) and some Greek yogurt sitting around, I thought it was time to meld the 2 items together and kill 2 birds with one stone.

My creation: Avocado Spinach Dip!

Instead of the traditional ingredients of sour cream and mayo, I replaced it with Greek yogurt and avocados (hoping the creamy texture will cover the mayo aspect).

What I used:
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 cup of spinach
  • 4oz of Greek yogurt
  • 1 bunch of green onions
  • 1 jalapeno pepper (for a kick, except unfortunately my jalapeno had zero kick...disappointed)
for flavoring: (a pinch or so of each and adjust for taste if needed)
  • garlic salt
  • onion powder
  • dill
  • basil
  • cayenne pepper
  • paprika
  • black pepper

Overall, I enjoyed it but somehow I feel like something was missing... maybe someone can figure that one out for me if they ever make this...or until I try this recipe again next time.


Comments