SF Street Food Festival 2012 and Zucchini Soup with Prawns!


By now it should be no surprise that where there is food, there is me. The San Francisco Street Food Festival 2012! The festivities I drooled over this past weekend was actually an accidental discovery my friends and I found last year when we were wondering the streets of SF (okay so we were nerding it at the Science Academy in Golden Gate Park) but the previous year we arrived so late that they were already getting ready to shut down... we didn't get a thorough run.

This year, we made it a point to focus just on street foods and clearly we succeeded! 


A weekend well spent in my eyes! I even ran into a booth that sold Brazilian Cheese Breads! Now I finally know what it tastes like and to my greatest satisfaction, they taste almost identical to the ones I've made (recipe here)! Nothing more exciting than making something that matches spot on with the professionals.

Now to the random part of the post:

Creamy Zucchini Soup with Giant Prawns!


I suppose it's not that random as I feel obligated to include a recipe/creation with every blog entry...

I must say this is one of the best dinners I've made in a while. Craving shrimp for some time now, I finally decided to break into the bag of shrimps I've bought a while ago (unfortunately not fresh shrimp but served its purpose) and make something of it!

Playing with my Creamy Summer Squash Soup as a base for the shrimp, I decided to cut the yellow squash out of the recipe and used 3 zucchinis instead. For the shrimp I decided to keep things simple and threw them onto a saute pan with a little bit of garlic olive oil and salt and pepper for taste. Threw in a jalapeno pepper for an extra kick. 

Finishing details for the soup:
(makes 1 serving)
ingredients:
  • 16/20 shrimps (6-7 shrimps per serving) 
  • salt (to taste)
  • ground black pepper (to taste)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Creamy Summer Squash Soup Recipe. Follow the recipe exactly except replace the yellow squash with another zucchini
Procedures:
  1. Heat a medium saute pan with olive oil and once the pan is hot place the shrimps onto the pan, season, and cook until about 80%cooked
  2. With the shrimp still in the saute pan, pour about 1-2 cups of the zucchini soup into the saute pan and finish cooking the shrimp in the soup. 
  3. Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment