Jalapeno and Spinach Gluten-Free Cheese Bread!!

Jalapeno and Spinach  Gluten-Free Cheese Bread!



Technically... this is not a completely new recipe, just another old one I'm playing around with and can't seem to get away from: the Brazilian Cheese Bread!

I love how easy it is and how quick it is to whip up a batch of minis (24) with such simple ingredients. It literally takes longer to wash my blender than it does to make the batter... too bad dishes don't wash themselves... ok so maybe a dish washer fills that criteria BUT since I don't own one and you cannot put everything in a dish washer, my wish at this point is for dishes to self clean.

SO what's new with this version?
  1. A bunch of spinach
  2. A nice kick from fresh chopped jalapeno peppers (I used 2 but the quantity is up to the creator)
Follow the Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe (link above) and toss in a handful of spinach while blending the batter. Then once the batter is well blended, remove batter from the blender, and  add the chopped jalapenos. Bake @ 375 for approx 25 minutes. Be careful not to add too much spinach... too much moisture from the spinach in the batter prevents it from reaching its bread-like features (learned that from experience!) and it becomes a little too chewy, still tastes great though!

Since work has been a bit time consuming lately I haven't had time to try any new recipes but have been itching to bake/cook something. I decided the best way to approach this is playing with an old recipe, so enjoy!



Comments