Cake Mix Fudge Cookies!

Getting new kitchen related goodies is like opening presents on Christmas morning! I don't know why I get so excited, but I do! I love when I have new or better tools to work with in the kitchen. I bet if I inventoried my stock, it'd be worth more than everything else I own. I guess if I was to get robbed (knock on wood that never happens) my most valuable possessions are probably all located in the kitchen. 

Recently I realized how handy it would be to have full size graters for cheeses, zesting, etc because having a tiny one makes things a bit difficult... and messy. A previous coworker of mine bought me a nifty set of those multipurpose tools which included things like a zester, grater, egg separator, etc. Though its been super helpful, its been a bit cumbersome to clean and because its so small, it tends to drop stuff everywhere. Given that, I've been thinking about upgrading to a full size version. As luck would have it, when I was at Costco the other day, that is exactly what I fell upon. I love browsing kitchen stuff in stores. Either I add onto my ever growing wish list or I find something on my wish list for a steal. In this case I found a steal! 3 full size Kitchen Aid graters for only $9.97! I've been eying ones at places like Marshalls, TJMaxx, Ross, etc for good quality graters at a more affordable price and so far, they've all been sitting around $8. Here I got 3 for less than $10! That's $3 each! Just in case anyone is confused I didn't buy 3 of the same graters, the 3 graters are different sizes, from fine grating to course grates. Of all the things from that shopping trip, I was most excited about the graters. My mom looked at me like I was a little crazy...


This past weekend I was feeling a little lazy and originally I started out wanting to make some chocolate peanut butter cake truffles and upon reading the back of the box of cake mix, I found a picture of fudge cookies made from cake mix. Intrigued I went to look it up online. Given my state of laziness, this was the perfect recipe to get my bake on and minimal efforts! Thank you Duncan Hines for a lazy bake day, I called these lazy baker's cookies and my dad chuckled.


From Dungan Hines: Devil's Food Fudge Cookies
Makes approx 36 cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1 box of Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
 Procedures:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine eggs, cake mix, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly and then add in walnuts and chocolate chips, stir until incorporated. Mixture will be somewhat stiff. Form into 1 1/4 balls (approx 36) and place about 2 in apart on a baking sheet.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer onto cooling rack. Store in an air tight container.

Comments