Roasted Garlic Chili Oil!


One of my favorite coworker makes some of the most delicious authentic Mexican food in the world (at least in my world) and every time she whips up anything, knowing I have a deep love for food, she would always give me some. Another reason why I love her food is because she knows how to put some kick in her food. Yum! I love spicy!


So one time she brings me some chili oil to go with the dish and I could not get enough of of the chili oil, I could probably have put it on everything. It was delicious and I want more! I wanted to learn how to make it so I would never run out of it! Luckily, she was kind enough to share with me how she made it. Turns out, there's not much to it, actually gave me a few more ideas along the way. In the meantime, enjoy!


Roasted Garlic Chili Oil (very spicy!)
thanks Aqua!

Ingredients:
  • 3oz bag of arbol chili (should be able to find in you local grocery store in the Mexican aisle)
  • 3-4 cups of olive oil
  • 7 - 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
  • pinch of salt
  • 2-3 tbsp smoked paprika 
 Procedures:
  1.  Place all the ingredients into a sauce pan, over medium heat (in a simmer), cook everything until chili oil becomes very aromatic (about 15-20 minutes). Occasionally stirring. Be very careful, oil can be very HOT (literally)
  2. Once the oil is done cooking, set aside to cool. When the oil is cool enough to handle, transfer everything into a blender and pulse until desire consistency for the chili bits.

Comments