Honey Matcha Lemonade!
Now I know I'm not the only one who gets drowsy towards mid afternoon, especially after lunch... I've been saying this forever but we really should consider making adults take mandatory afternoon naps. The kids don't need it, we do! Unfortunately since that's not a thing or at least not a universal options for all of us (*yes... you tech employees out there with that perk... many many rays of envy!). The way I look at it, this is the perfect afternoon pick me up. Matcha green tea to give you a boost of energy and a healthy dose of antioxidants, fresh lemon juice for a some vitamin C, and honey to help calm and soothe your hectic day. Cheers to that!
Honey Matcha Lemonade
inspired by Trader's Joe's Cold Pressed Matcha Green Tea Lemonade
- 1/2 cup of honey
- zest from 1 lemon, wide strips
- 3/4 cup of lemon juice (approx. 3 lemons)
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tsp of matcha green tea powder
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1/2 water and honey to a soft boil then remove from heat. Cool for about 5-10 minutes. Throw in lemon zest strips and sip for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove zest strips by pouring honey lemon syrup through a strainer and discard the zest.
- Combine lemon syrup, lemon juice, matcha powder and the remaining 3.5 cups of water. Mix well and chill over night.
- Before you break into it, give it a good shake to reintroduce the matcha green tea powder that's settled on the bottom and enjoy your refreshing beverage!