Apple Cinnamon Crescent Rolls!

Yes, it is as mouth watering as it looks, trust me! Now I'm not just saying this because I made them, but they are truly DELICIOUS!

Since I have the tendency to bake (a lot) and in order to avoid gaining unnecessary love handles ...after the first or second (sometimes third) quality control test pieces, I usually bring the rest of my little food projects to work for my coworkers to enjoy and to give me their critiques, so as a request from one of my coworkers, he wanted something "cinnamon-y."

Hmm so where to begin from that? Personally I'm not huge apples (computers included!) fan, but another coworker suggested using apples as something to balance with the cinnamon. Actually that sounded really good, I was leaning towards that as well but hesitated because not everyone likes apples (just like not everyone likes mangoes) however after hearing a second opinion I decided apples would make a good candidate.


Hit the stores and picked up some apples... so I had apples... and no plan, sounds like typical me. Several hours later, after scrolling through some pinterest images to see if I can get any inspirations, I ran across 2 recipes (cinnamon crescent rolls and apple pie) I liked and decided to combine bits and pieces of each to create my own experiment (fingers crossed at this point its not going to turn out funny tasting...). I had to make some slight adjustments though. Having no idea how many apples were needed, I settled for 3 (turns out, that can make twice my batch, 16 rolls, I only made 8). Then there was so much butter!! I cut that down as well. I know butter makes everything taste like heaven...but I'm not looking into literally going to heaven because of it. My heart will appreciate even if my soul is a little saddened.


Fortunately the cooking gods from above were with me again, another first shot success! I loved it! They turned out great and my apartment smelled so good for hours! If only pictures can capture scents as well, I'd take so many more! I bought them to work and got consistent thumbs up. I will definitely be making these again, I didn't make that big of a batch so I had to keep it on the down low since the rolls were limited and some people weren't able to try any... next time.

Here's the recipe for my delicious Apple Cinnamon Crescent Rolls, give it a try, you won't regret! 


Comments