Cheesy Brown Rice with Spicy Italian Ground Turkey & Bell Peppers

Clearly I suck at coming up with names for my dishes... super long and it doesn't even describe the entire dish... fail. Good thing the actual dish didn't though.

It might not look the greatest but its packed with flavor, nutrients, and very filling. Most importantly I made one big batch so I don't have to make lunch for work for several days. I'm pretty lazy when I can help it.

Back to the dish, I love how the rice is infused with tomatoes, garlic, and onions! Vegetables in hiding. Then to top it off some more, I used brown rice instead of white, added bell peppers and corn for more vegetables and finally ground turkey for the lean protein source. Seems involved but its really not. A lot of it is just prepping the work and then waiting (so much waiting!) for the rice to cook. Because I used brown rice, it took a while. In the end it was well worth it.

Cheesy Brown Rice with Spicy Italian Ground Turkey & Bell Peppers Recipe
 
P.S. Happy 100th Post!  

Comments