HAPPY THANKSGIVING (plus Candied Pecans)

Happy Thanksgiving and certainly there is much to be thankful for this year.


Here is just a few pictures to express my thanks for health, family and friends! Being able to enjoy this wonderful weather during late fall is just an added bonus which led to my photo inspiration. This series of pictures I took outside around my parents' house/garden area.


Just a concept I wanted to play around with while playing with my camera. I call it Garden Series (more on my Pinterest // GardenSeries // board). It's amazing how many beautiful simple things are around us.


Once in a while we just need to stop and smell the "roses." Modern day life is demanding and we've all been there but once a year when the holidays roll around, there is no better time to stop and enjoy what we have around us. Be grateful, be happy, and enjoy life!


Oh and don't forget to BE SWEET!
Candied Pecans!! I never knew how crazy easy these are to make! Here I was dreading the whole process this morning... and it took oh all of 15 minutes! I know, shocking!


Here's what needs to be done:

**Recipe from Better Homes cookbook

  • 3 cups of pecan halves
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  1. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the pecan halve onto the sheet. Bake in oven @ 325 degrees for 10 minutes (stirring once)
  2. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan or 8in skillet over medium heat melt about 1/4 cup of the sugar, shaking pan to evenly melt the sugar (syrup-like), only stir to keep from over browning. Stir in remaining sugar as it melts.
  3. Reduce heat to low and continue melting until a light golden brown
  4. Add butter and vanilla to melted sugar, stirring until everything is well mixed
  5. Turn off heat, add warm nuts, stirring to coat.
  6. Pour and spread nut mixture onto a baking sheet and cool completely.
  7. Try not to eat all of it in one sitting (optional)
There you have it, some eye candy and some...well actual candy.

Comments