Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha (w/Cinnamon & Marshmallows)!


Yup I was craving a cup of hot chocolate this afternoon. Was it cold and gloomy outside to promote this random crave? Not even close, in fact, the day could not have been more perfect. It almost felt like spring (in the beginning of Feb, I love California!), I swear even if it wasn't 70 degrees, I'm sure it was close enough.


Truth is, I wasn't just craving a cup of hot chocolate, I was craving a very specific kind of hot chocolate. No, not what you think, I'm not a cocoa powder snob (as you will soon find out), nope I just wanted a cup of hot cocoa with little floating marshmallows. Call me silly but I've been wanting to make a cup of these since Christmas time... I just keep forgetting to buy marshmallows every time I go to the store and I've been to the store A LOT. I guess that says a lot about my lack of memory, sorry brain, I'm trying!

Okay so finally I remembered to pick up a bag of marshmallows and crave is finally satisfied however, when handed an opportunity to make things more interesting, why settle right?

This may look like an ordinary cup of instant hot chocolate, it is not. Today is a day where I am going to ignore the inner health nut and gorge, instant everything! Touch of hazelnut coffee, cinnamon, Swiss hot cocoa powder swirled together in a cup of steaming hot milk, doesn't that sound mouth watering?!Who cares if its warm outside, as long as its not 100 degrees.

How to make you own:
Ingredients:
  • 1 packet of instant hot chocolate (or make your own--- 2-3 tbsp of special dark cocoa powder with sugar---and then add the other things on the list)
  • 1 tbsp of instant hazelnut coffee
  • 1-2 tsp of cinnamon powder
  • a small handful of mini marshmallows
  • 1 mug of milk (approx 8-10oz depending on mug size) 
  • *** 1 tbsp of Baileys Hazelnut Irish Cream (drink responsibly!**) Optional for responsible adults***
 Procedures:
  1. Heat milk in microwave for 2 minutes
  2. Mix in dry ingredients, stir, top with mini marshmallows, and sprinkle more cinnamon on top for garnish.
  3. Enjoy.


Comments