Dry Spice Rub Chicken Wings!

Sometimes we just want wings! No reason, just wings on a random rainy afternoon.

Of course when you want something really bad, that's when you have to work for it! I was beyond excited and proud when I walked out of the supermarket with my packet of wings, the fact that I remembered was an accomplishment in its own. A couple of days later when I finally got around to playing with it, I rip the package open, grabbed the first wing....and that's when I realized it was the entire wing....needless to say the next 15 minutes was grueling and painful for the wings and I both as I cut them back down to size without a butcher's knife. You can imagine by the time they were in the oven and baking I was drooling like a puppy.


Dry Spice Rub Chicken Wings!

Ingredients:
  • Package of chicken wings (mine had about 20 wings)
For dry spice rub:
  • 1 tsp garlic salt (or salt)
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
  • ½ tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • ¼ tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tbsp Italian bread crumbs 
  • 1/2 tbsp flour 

Procedures:
  1. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl to create the rub, evenly coat chicken wings, transfer to a zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight (or 1-2 hours) to let it marinate.
  2. Before baking, coat pan with a little bit of oil, place chicken in, and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
  3.  Enjoy!

Comments