I can't believe its here but its here! In less than a week I'll be on the other side of the world enjoying me a summer #2! I'm heading to Australia/New Zealand for an entire month (a huge thanks to my manager for approving this vacation :) I have to remember to bring back a fun souvenir), my first summertime Christmas and New Years, I wonder what that's going to be like... to be continued...
But of course before I head out, here is a sweet tangy recipe: lemon curd shortbread cookies!
Simple and delicious.
Lemon Curd Shortbread Cookies
Adapted from: Glorious TreatsIngredients:
- 1 ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup lemon curd (homemade recipe)
- Beat butter until smooth, add sugars and mix. Add egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Add in baking powder, and then slowly beat in flour (at 1/3 cup intervals)
- Cover dough and chill for at least an hour
- Roll dough into balls, slightly flatten with the palm of your hands and then press with your thumb.
- Fill thumbprint with lemon curd
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 F or until the edges have slightly browned.