I suppose we all go through a spending phase at one point or another. Nowadays my spending tend to circle around the things I really enjoy doing like food. Next time I need to move, it should involve less (hopefully....)
So while we wait some more for me to get back into the the groove of things, here is a meal I cooked up a while ago but haven't posted yet, so enjoy.
BBQ Sauted Beef with Garlic Sweet Peas
- approx 1 lb of thinly sliced beef
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Yoshida marinade sauce
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp of hot and spicy Taiwanese BBQ sauce (refer to picture)
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- approx 1 lb of sweet peas (rinsed and whole)
- chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Take the sliced beef and cut them into 2" strips if possible, then in a medium sized bowl marinate together beef, paprika, onion powder, Yoshida sauce, baking soda, water, and 1 tbsp BBQ sauce. Let meat marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to boil and precook the sweet peas by boiling them for about 5 minutes and drain.
- Heat up a frying pan with olive oil and then briefly saute the garlic before adding the sweet peas. Give the sweet peas and garlic a quick saute (approx 5 minutes) and add in chili pepper flakes if desired. Sweet peas should still be sweet and crunchy when done, then set aside
- Once the beef is ready to be cooked, heat up a frying pan and saute the beef with the last tbsp of BBQ sauce. Saute until beef is completely cooked.
- If desired, you can saute the garlic sweet peas into the beef and then enjoy with some steamed rice.