- 1 egg (room temperature, approx 30 minutes sitting out)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I personally thought it was a little too oily, so I'm sure 1/4 will work just fine)
- 2/3 cup milk
- scant 1 1/2 cup tapioca flour (I got mine at Nugget, but I heard Whole Foods has them. Also Asian markets sell tapioca starch which is the same thing)
- 1/2 cup (packed) grated cheese of your choice ( I used pepperjack)
- 1 teaspoon salt (for taste and yes it matters, I skipped it thinking the cheese will take care of it, nope)
A blender will be useful but I don't think its absolutely necessary. I used a mini cupcake pan but a regular one is fine too. Extra batter can be stored in the fridge.
- Mix ingredients together first then mix in blender until smooth
- Grease (or PAM) pan and load it up.
- Bake in 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until puffy and lightly brown on top.
** I learned the hard way thinking I'll just mix everything in the blender... tapioca flour gets really gooey and the blades actually gets stuck. I had to take everything out (all gooey) and remix then stick back into the blender to further mix the batter.
*** Also note that because tapioca flour is used, this bread is airy and chewy instead of traditional breads being more dense and soild. The cheese flavor is actually very subtle so the salt will actually help bring it out some more.