Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Truffles!

I feel like I haven't been here for ages! The last few weeks have just been so crazy busy, my weekend cooking experiments had to get sacrificed out of the equation. Weddings, vacationing, catching up with people I haven't seen or spoken to for a while, this is one start of a summer! Then, of course, let's not forget those other not-so-fun things such as doctor check-ups, dental visits, oil changes, smog check, *ahem* traffic school, dry cleaning, etc...the list feels endless but finally dwindling down. 

So working in the wine industry, there are certain times during the year where things are peaceful, quiet, and calm. Then there are times during the year where things are crazy, busy, and insane. That last part I just described, well that's quickly approaching, actually too close for comfort at this point. Because I naturally like to procrastinate a little, I've spent the last few weeks catching up and making sure all the important things I need to take care of is taken care of before work consumes my life for the next few month, hence adding onto the busy. 

Well since I haven't really been in the kitchen experimenting for a while, it's taking a bit for me to warm back up, not in the sense that I've forgotten how to cook/bake, just that I've gotten slightly lazy. You know when you get into a certain mode of things, its hard to break out of...so to break out of my baking drought, I thought I'd start with something simple, cake truffles. 

Granted I did mention I didn't want to see another cake pop/truffle for at least the next few months because I had to make over 140 of those things for my friend's wedding... they are a nice warm-up project. Minimal efforts now that the pressure is off. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Truffles:
Makes approx 33 truffles
Ingredients:
  • 1 box of chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines recommended)
  • 1 18 oz container of peanut butter (approx 3/4 of the container will be used)
  • ingredients for box cake (i.e. eggs, oil, and water)
 follow this link for pictorial instructions: nutella cake pops 
 

Comments