Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Pistachios!

Have you ever made something and had leftover ingredients. I know I have. No matter what the recipe, sometimes you just end up with tad bits of batter, butter, frosting, sugar, or in this case (eclairs), chocolate!

What to do with leftover melted chocolate… hmm… I can make hot chocolate, drizzle it onto ice cream, or simply lick by the spoonful OR I can be inventive and make some chocolate coated nuts! Actually it was a while ago when I accidentally fell upon this. I believe it was my chocolate raspberry torte experiment and during clean up I dumped the leftover almond bits into the leftover melted chocolate and set it aside to be dealt with later. Who knew what I came back to was something amazing.


It seemed rather wasteful to toss out perfectly good consumable food, so I scraped the chocolate covered almond bits off the bowl and threw a piece in my mouth. WOW! Why didn't I think of this before?! Delicious accidental discoveries are the best.

So now I present to you, dark chocolate covered almond pistachios! Feel free to replace dark chocolate with milk chocolate if you're not a dark chocolate lover like I am. Either way, the results will be mouth watering (unless you're allergic to nuts...in which case, do not attempt!).


Ingredients:
  • leftover melted chocolate (or about 1-2 oz bittersweet chocolate chips)
  • 1-2 handful of chopped almonds
  • 1-2 handful of pistachios
Procedures:
  1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler (if haven't done so), remove from heat once melted.
  2. Mix in nuts and spread a thin layer onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper for easy removal.
  3. Let the chocolate covered nuts set or place into the fridge for about 30 minutes or until harden. Cut into desired pieces and enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment