Wanderings - Pfeiffer Beach, Big Sur, CA


Dear Oh Dear!
I've been away so long that even Blogger is looking a little different ... so much for being more diligent about posting... I pretty much took that one and threw it right out of the window... 

It's been a YEAR! I can't believe it! Well I can't even believe its March because I swear last time I looked it was Christmas...
So one might wonder what I've been up to these last 365 days of my life... Mostly buried under books and sorts


Let's see:
  • I finally finished moving! - but you know what the scary part is, 1 year later...some of my stuff is still sitting in a corner in boxes. Lets just say I am working on a "Goodwill" spring cleaning box
  • Work has been a whirlwind of emotional ups and downs and lets just leave it at that because if you wanted to read about daytime drama, you can just watch Days Of Our Lives (first one that popped into my head :))
  • I'm almost done with my Winemaking Certification! I have 1 more class to go and then I'm done! It feels like college all over again, can't wait for it to end, June 2016 can't come any sooner!
  • AND the most important life changing piece of new information.... I've recently reach a new magic number, THE BIG THREE ZERO. 30, Hello new decade
 
Let us then begin this "welcome back" entry with pictures from my birthday in back in Feb. I'm not one for huge parties so instead my caveman took me to Pfeiffer Beach. The original plan was to find the spot where a beautiful waterfall falls onto the beach but we didn't realize Pfeiffer State Park and Pfeiffer Beach are 2 different locations... so after much poking and hiking up random hills we realized we were in the wrong place.


Nonetheless just as great of a reward. We managed to find this quiet secluded spot while hiking and while we were resting under a tree we noticed out in the distance a school of dolphins!


They were as happy as can be playing, riding the waves, enjoying every beautiful moment. Couldn't have asked for a better birthday experience! Not only did I get to see dolphins, I got to see them in their element and an entire school of them!

 

Comments