Now onto a different note, brownies! Soft gooey, chocolatey, rich, warm brownies... now I bet you want some too. No worries, I've got you covered, here's a nice and quick pain free recipe. Throw everything into a mixing bowl, mix and bake. Sounds just like the box brownie mix method doesn't it? I thought so too when I realized everything eventually ended up together. I was somewhat fooled with the multi-steps in the recipe I adopted this from so my end result was a couple more dishes to wash. Oh well.
I had to up the game a little by adding in chips, coffee, caramel and what not but feel free to skip all that if you want and you'll still get some pretty amazing brownies. Good bye to lazy box brownies and hello to 'gourmet' homemade brownies that are just as lazy. Win!
adapted from Best Brownies @ All Recipes.com
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp instant espresso/coffee syrup
- 1/4 cup of salted caramel sauce or Torani Caramel Sauce if you're feeling lazy
- salted caramel candy pieces (optional: sooo bad but sooo good)
- Melt butter over stove in a stainless steel pot (about 4-6 quart because this will be your mixing bowl). Remove from heat, whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Stir in cocoa powder, flour, salt, instant espresso, and baking soda until you get a smooth batter, add in chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into a sprayed or oiled baking dish. Drizzle half the caramel sauce into the batter (toss in caramel candies) and pour the remaining brownie batter on top, drizzle with rest of the caramel sauce.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let brownies set a little, then enjoy!