Bacon Pastrami Flatbread

Time seems to have just slipped through my fingers, I could have sworn I posted something this month... but apparently that was a month ago... I'm getting so bad at this! I blame not having a life for over 3 months and now I'm playing catch up with everything else that my blog has been neglected. Heck, even my food experiments have taken a toll... but no worries, with the holidays coming right around the corner, I'm sure I'll have plenty of excuses to bake, cook, and make messes (also going to the movies, catching up with friends, shopping, etc, you know the essentials in life)!

Nothing fancy for this mediocre update, just another flat bread recipe I threw together for a quick lunch meal, though nothing short of delicious, don't be fooled by its simplicity. Call it a warm up post to (hopefully) a flood of future posts to come.

I don't know why I do this every time but going to the grocery store when you're starving is never a bright idea (and this has nothing to do with the fact that my gym is right next to one and out of convenience, that is where I go after gym time aka starving to death), so anyways, I went to Trader Joe's and picked up a few items for this recipe so this post may be heavily populated with Trader Joe's products...

Bacon Pastrami Flatbread
Ingredients:
  • 4 oz of pastrami, diced
  • 3 strips of bacon, diced
  • 1 ball of pizza dough (roughly 8oz, I cheated a little and bought the ready to bake kind from Trader Joe's)
  • 2 bunches of green onions, diced
  • 4 tbsp of hummus 
  • 4 tbsp of yogurt dip (optional, I used the Trader Joe's cilantro and chives yogurt dip)
  • 1 tsp mustard (optional)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup cheese of choice
Procedure:
  1. Prepare dough as advised on package, roll out to a flat baking sheet
  2. Mix together hummus, yogurt dip, and mustard and spread evenly on the dough
  3. Sprinkle green onions on top followed by a light layer of cheese
  4. Top with pastrami and bacon and another layer of light cheese
  5. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for approx 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

 

Comments