Nothing fancy for this mediocre update, just another flat bread recipe I threw together for a quick lunch meal, though nothing short of delicious, don't be fooled by its simplicity. Call it a warm up post to (hopefully) a flood of future posts to come.
I don't know why I do this every time but going to the grocery store when you're starving is never a bright idea (and this has nothing to do with the fact that my gym is right next to one and out of convenience, that is where I go after gym time aka starving to death), so anyways, I went to Trader Joe's and picked up a few items for this recipe so this post may be heavily populated with Trader Joe's products...
Bacon Pastrami Flatbread
- 4 oz of pastrami, diced
- 3 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 ball of pizza dough (roughly 8oz, I cheated a little and bought the ready to bake kind from Trader Joe's)
- 2 bunches of green onions, diced
- 4 tbsp of hummus
- 4 tbsp of yogurt dip (optional, I used the Trader Joe's cilantro and chives yogurt dip)
- 1 tsp mustard (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup cheese of choice
- Prepare dough as advised on package, roll out to a flat baking sheet
- Mix together hummus, yogurt dip, and mustard and spread evenly on the dough
- Sprinkle green onions on top followed by a light layer of cheese
- Top with pastrami and bacon and another layer of light cheese
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for approx 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.