Baileys Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Do you ever feel the urge to bake but at the same time the urge to remain lazy is just as strong... well that was my problem. I wanted to bake but I didn't quite want to move. Laziness and all its glory has taken over.

My solution? Well I sat around some more and search far and wide for a recipe that'd fit my current situation. I figured cookies were easier to venture into as oppose to cakes, tarts, or whatever else that may be out there and so that is where I started. My back up plan was to default to chocolate chip cookies but part of me was screaming "boring!!" Not that I don't appreciate the good old fashion classic chocolate chip cookie, I do, but the creative part of me wanted more... oh the dilemmas of a creative/lazy mind. It wants creativity but it also doesn't want to work for it.

Finally after about 20 minutes I came across some potential candidates and then I finally found this current recipe, it couldn't have been a better match for my state of laziness! Literally it was gather ingredients, mix together, and stick into oven, perfect! In looking over the ingredients I also realized its actually pretty good for a cookie recipe, not a drop of butter, oil, or eggs but plenty of liqueur to make up for it. I added some oats to the recipe as well and contemplated whether to add shredded coconut but in end I opted out. After eating one, I think it would've been better with the coconut. 

Personally I think there's room for improvement, its decent but can definitely do better, it has not exceeded its potential yet. I think coconut would be a nice touch. The Baileys over powers it slightly so I'd probably reduce that down a bit next time I make it (edit: its actually more mellow the next day so its just fine the way it is). I'm thinking maybe some lemon zest would give it a hint of citrus to balance with the nuttiness of the almond meal. Things to ponder on. Its very interesting because the texture is kind of like a cookie but at the same time its not, there's something about it that sets it aside from normal soft cookies but its not quite the hard crispy kind of cookie either... intriguing indeed.

Baileys Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Ari's Menu 
makes approx 15 cookies, 121 calories per cookie
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups almond meal
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup of Baileys Irish cream (I used Hazelnut)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 oz (roughly 57g) of chocolate chips/chunks
  • 1/4 cup of old fashion quick oats (optional)
  • 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (optional)
Procedures:
  1. Whisk together almond meal, baking soda, corn starch, brown sugar, and salt
  2. Add in Baileys and vanilla and mix
  3. Fold in chocolate chips, oats, and coconut
  4. Bake at 375 F degrees for 12-15 minutes

Comments