Chocolate Chunks Pecan Cookies!

More rain to California! Unfortunately hearing its going to rain on the day you're about to go hiking is not the best of news. I've been craving a good hike for the last couple of weeks and certainly didn't want to give up the opportunity... so when I woke up and realized the rain hasn't started yet, I thought perhaps there is a chance I can squeeze it in before it comes. Luckily since I have to wake up at the ungodly hours of 6am during the week, waking up at 6:30am is like a dream on the weekend so after accessing the sky and the weather gods, my friend and I decided to chance it. If it rains, we'll turn back. Turns out, we hiked the entire trail and had lunch before any water fell. 

I was pleased. Not only did I get an awesome hike in but I got an awesome meal afterwards. Food after hiking is always like the best thing that's ever happened to you since birth. Okay... maybe a bit of exaggeration but that only shows you how much I love food. 

Once the rain started though, there was nothing that says relaxing than being indoors with a hot cup of tea or hot beverage curled up with a book or baking in the kitchen. I decided since it was early enough, I could probably do both. What a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Gosh I sound like a retired 70 year old lady...which is why I can't wait! Some people dread being old but I'm looking forward to being 70... if I get there that means I've made it! Everything: whatever it is, whoever I'll meet, whatever I've made myself, its all done! Now I just sit back and enjoy the show. 

For the time being, I think its safe to come back to reality. So here is a warm cookie recipe to share for when you are spending a cold afternoon indoors or needing to curb a cookie craving.  

Chocolate Chunks Pecan Cookies!
makes approx 36-40 cookies, roughly 120 calories via myfitnesspal

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 cups chocolate pieces (I used white chocolate chunks and dark chocolate chips)
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, macadamia, walnuts, etc)
Procedure:
  1. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
  2. Mix together with mixer, butter, brown sugar, and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time and then add in vanilla. Mix until combined. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients.
  3. Stir in nuts and chocolates
  4. Bake at 350 F degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are light brown.

Comments