Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cookies!

There comes a time when no matter how much we try, we are forced to grow up and though reluctant to do so, I have reached a new milestone, buying my first car!

I should be excited because everyone else around me seems to be...but personally its the most stressful and daunting thing I've ever been faced with... well okay maybe not to that degree but it has become somewhat stressful as the only thing I know about cars is that it has wheels and it moves faster than walking on two legs. It takes me from point A to point B (with the occasional unexpected C and D when I make the wrong twist and turns) and that's the extent to which I care for them (sorry car lovers, that's just the honest truth).

Ask me about cooking and what type of different kitchen gadgets there are, etc, oh man that'd be my excitement but car shopping... drag...unfortunately because all of the cars in my family except my car has driven their last leg and as I commute the most (nearly 100 miles a day), it made sense that I am the one who takes the leap for the new car and leave my dear old car at home for whoever wants to just drive it around town. My car (who I've named Carlos because he is a car and sometimes slightly loco) is 22 years old with 260k+ miles on it, which means in human years, its 120 with barely any ability to see or hear... still it runs and I am so reluctant to let it go, perhaps because he's my very first car or because we've been through so much together...

Despite this, I decided to make a list and drag myself to a few dealerships to test drive some vehicles to see which ones I liked and to get an idea of how cars move nowadays. A lot has changed in the past 22 years since the making of my car. I have to admit, some of those cars felt pretty good. 

That said, customer service wise, it was hit and miss. The first place I stopped at was awesome, if anyone knows they want to get a Honda and in the south bay area, go to the dealership in Morgan Hill and find Brian, he was extremely helpful and friendly. If anyone looking for a Toyota, don't go to the one in Gilroy. Not only were they unhelpful, they were almost trying to convince me to just go away. Just because I am a girl in her twenties looking at cars by myself does not mean I am not looking to buy or cannot afford a car so don't treat me like I'm a waste of time/effort. Terrible.

I have to say, as a girl, customer service will make or break the deal. We women are emotional creatures, get on our happy side and you are set. Get on the bad side and suffer the wrath! I may or may not still be a little bitter about the way the dealership treated me... needless to say I didn't even get to test drive from another dealership after that trip because I was so upset. I went home and decided I needed something to cheer me up so I went to the place that makes me most excited and happy, the kitchen! Whipped up some delicious cookies!


According to my brother they taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup but in the form of a cookie, can't go wrong there! All you peanut butter+ chocolate lovers out there, this is a must try! Its crunchy on the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside... heavenly...

Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cookies
(from Magic in the Middle Cookies from Six Sisters Stuff)
makes approx 26 cookies, 141 calories/cookie via myfitnesspal

Ingredients:
for chocolate dough
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt (pinch)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar + extra for rolling the cookies in
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg + 1 yolk
for peanut butter filling
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter (may be creamy or chunky)
  • 1/4 powder sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Procedures:
  1. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt
  2. In another mixing bowl with a mixer, cream together sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg, beat to combine. Stir in dry ingredients (i used a mixer to mix it in)
  3. For filling: mix peanut butter and sugar, roll into 1" balls (I didn't bother with rolling them, I kind of just pinched them into 1/2" blobs, it came out fine)
  4. To shape cookies: scoop approx 1 tbsp cookie dough, roll into a ball, flatten slightly, make indentation with thumb for filling, place filling into groove, fold the dough around the filling, roll into ball. Roll in some sugar, flatten slightly into cookie shape. Repeat
  5. Bake at 375 F degrees for 7-9 minutes

Comments