So what's so great about them?
- measuring device: gives you both cup and metric volume
- a holding/mixing container: handle, pouring spout, wide opening but deep enough not to spill, what more can you ask for?
- heat resistant glass: Uh yes please! I can't tell you how many times I've cheated and cooked frozen veggies in this thing in the microwave. HOT liquids: no problem, cold liquids: no problem
- affordable: virtually available everywhere including discount stores like Ross, Marshalls, Goodwill, the internet, etc
- durable, stack-able, and convenient