Yes I said breakfast! Whoever said one had to stick to a standard breakfast menu?
- That's boring
- I'm Asian and we can eat anything any time of the day.
- Maybe I'm just a pig in the morning...what? I'm starving!
Today's special (a much more glorified breakfast than when I have to go to work and usually end up eating scrambled eggs)
Smoked Salmon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
- 2 slices of bread ( I used rye bread)
- smoked salmon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper (optional)
- cheese of choice ( I used 2 slices of Habanero Jack and 1 slice of Garlic White Cheddar)
- honey mustard (optional)
- Mix olive oil with basil and garlic salt, then using a pastry brush lightly brush the outsides of the bread.
- Place one slice of bread onto the skillet (medium heat), oil side down, and then layer accordingly: 1.5 slices of cheese, sliced avocado, smoked salmon, honey mustard (optional), a bit of cracked ground pepper, 1.5 slices of cheese, and top slice of bread with oiled side facing up wards.
- Once assembly is completed, flip the sandwich so that the other side can be toasted and cheese from the other side is melted.
- Remove from heat, cut in half, and enjoy!